The Normandy Landings beaches
During your stay at the hotel on the Bessin coast, relive the historic battle of Normandy through a discovery trail along the beaches of the Normandy Landings. This one-day or two-day adventure can take the form of a walking tour of these great historical sites that bore witness to the feats that have forever changed the course of history.
- Omaha Beach Colleville-sur-Mer: the American military cemetery and the Omaha Beach museum.
- Utah Beach in Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer: the D-Day Landings Museum in 'Pointe du Hoc' and the German coastal battery
- Sword Beach in Ouistreham: monuments, vestiges of beach defences
- Juno Beach in Courseulles-sur-Mer: The Juno Beach Centre, dedicated to Canadian soldiers the beach is scattered with bunkers
- Gold Beach in Arromanches-les-bains: the remains of the artificial harbor, the Arromanches 360° cinema, the D-Day Landings Museum in the 'Place du 6 juin'
Retracing the Normandy Landings, there will be lots of places of interest along the way: the Pegasus Bridge Airborne Troops Museum in Bénouville, the village of Sainte-Mère-Eglise and the Airborne Troops Museum.
Hotel de la PLAGE, near Sainte-Mère-Église, 80 m from the sea, is located in QUINEVILLE, a small, friendly seaside resort on the East Coast of the Cotentin Peninsula... Rates